Adding barcodes to membership cards is possible if you have purchased and installed the Barcode Printing or Inventory Manager upgrade. The steps below will walk you through the process of adding a barcode to your membership cards.
- From the Main Menu, click “Reports and then click “Contacts.”
- Label Style #3 is the default label style for membership cards. Click on “Contacts Labels Style #3” and on the right side of your screen select “Custom Layout 1.”
- Click on “Modify Selected Layout.” This will bring you to the Label Designer screen.
- We will put the barcode in the lower right corner of the membership card. If this layout does not fit your needs you can adjust the layout of the card however you like to make space for the barcode.
- To add the barcode, click on the “Field” button in the upper left of the screen. The “Field” button has a box with “ab|” inside.
- When you click on the “Field” button your mouse will turn into a large plus sign. Move your mouse to the area of the membership card where you want your barcode to display. Hold down the left mouse button and draw a box. When you let go of your mouse a “Report Expression” window will appear.
- In the Expression field type in "*"+alltrim(str(idno))+"*" and then click “OK.” The exact text of this expression is important to ensure that the barcode is printed correctly to be readable by the scanner.
- The final step is to change the font of the barcode. Click once on the field you just created; you will see black dots around the box when it is successfully selected. In the upper left of your screen click “Format” and then “Font.”
- Select font style “BC C39 3 to 1” and size 18. Your font may need to be larger depending on your barcode scanner. Click “OK” to exit this screen.
- Your membership cards should now look like the following screenshot. When you are happy with the design of your card click “File” in the upper left corner of the screen and select “Save.”
- Close the Label Designer screen by clicking “File” again and selecting “Close.”
You can test your Membership card barcode label with the following steps:
- From the Main Menu go to Contacts and find a contact with a membership.
- Click the “Print” button on the Navigation Bar.
- On the lower left corner of the print screen select Label Style #3 and then click “Print Label.”
- Once the label is printed exit back to the Main Menu of PastPerfect.
- Click the “Quick Find” button and scan the barcode. This will automatically take you back to the contact record for your member.